By Paul Lombino
With the Super Bowl less than a week away, the category is: Obscure Football Mishegas. Don’t forget to put your responses in the form of a question. Remember, questions get more difficult as dollar amounts increase.
- For $200, the answer is: 12.5-13.5.
(What is the standard pounds per-square-inch of pressurized air in an NFL football?)
- For $400, the answer is: Its punctured nickname was derived from a mid-’70s scandal that began in a Washington, D.C. hotel and led to the resignation of President Nixon.
(What is Deflategate?)
- For $600, the answer is: Of the 12 Patriots footballs available for play in the AFC title game, this many were reported under inflated.
(What is 11?)
- For $800, the answer is: Too much.
(How much media coverage has been spent on Deflategate?)
- To wrap up the category for $1,000, the answer is: What the Indianapolis Colts were actually doing during their 45-7 spanking in the AFC title game.
(What is checking their balls?)
- And the Final Jeopardy answer is: Four.
(After next Sunday’s game, how many Super Bowls will Tom Brady’s New England Patriots have won?)